today was awesome for one reason and one reason alone. that reason was that it was warm enough outside for me to where shorts! whenever I get an opportunity to where shorts and a t-shirt I will pounce on it like a wild cat in the plains of Africa. no lie. hahaha
Tuesdays always rock because every Tuesday night there're two new Scrubs episodes. never ever underestimate how much joy Scrubs gives an Estose brother. never. other than Scrubs I had a really boring day, nothing happened. I slept after I got home from Guys and Dolls rehearsal. today wasn't much of a day for me I guess.
I just got off the phone with Wil Begley about half an hour ago, we had a phone date tonight just like every Tuesday. I love that guy, I don't get to talk to him very much because He's in college now which is why we talk on the phone every Tuesday now. I guess it was the non-Scrubs highlight of my day heh
today was soooo boring, if you're reading this I apologize if you fell asleep.
days like these remind me of how easy it is to lose focus . Days like today are boring and weary, and like all things, relationships get boring and weary as well. This goes for our relationship with Jesus Christ as well.
for those who's relationships are brand new, the "new relationship" phase can come and go really quickly and the next thing you know you fall back into sin and you fall away from your relationship.
with those who've been walking with God for a long time, sometimes things get boring and we have hard times finding ways to spice up our spiritual lives and this is equally as dangerous.
"Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil."
Ephesians 5:15-16
As Christians, I think we need to be really, really cautious of the condition our mind is in. Because if our thoughts are not where they need to be we can potentially destroy the work God can do through us for that time. This is what I think Paul means by "the days are evil". The type of days we have and if they're good or bad acan have such an effect on how we act towards others and how obedient we are to God's will. The second we lose sight of what is really important and start focusing on worldly things, God can't work through us.
This is why I think it's dire that we have strong, supportive christian friends, and that we Bible studies and devotionals that force us to get involved. These things help us stay focused and fill us with motivation to keep on working to become people God can mold servants into.
this is my message today, when you find an opportunity, take it and run with it, just like me with getting to where shorts. You never know where your heart will be when the next one comes along.
God bless you guys
-Chic <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You are AMAZING!!! What you wrote about losing focus is so true and it's something I've struggled with in the past month, something I think we all struggle with at some point. Btw, we need to pick a day to have a weekly phone date! Hayley and I usually have one on Thursdays, depending on her gym schedule, so we gotta work one out for sure! You are such an amazing guy and I miss you tons!
ReplyDelete<3